Well, I’m lagging behind on my blog ever since we have started classes again here at BC. Great classes, great students, and in all my “free” time I’ve been getting together a 16-day course in India this May. To see a flyer with more info, click here.
The religious atmosphere pulsing in the subcontinent of India can hardly be witnessed in any other country of the world. The apostle St. Thomas himself founded the first Christian community in India. The religions of Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism, Jainism and Sikhism also all have historic holy sites there. The sheer number of religions found coexisting in this country has deservedly earned it the name â€œLand of Religions.â€ In this two-week long trip will able to experience many of its major sites. Those on this trip will:
- Walk as a pilgrim in the footsteps of St. Thomas the Apostle, visit his burial spot, and encounter the eastern Catholic community he founded which still exists today
- Visit the home of Blessed Mother Teresa and volunteer with the Missionaries of Charity at their Home of the Dying in Calcutta
- Witness Hindu practices first hand at the sacred Ganges River
- Touch the roots of Buddhism in the place Buddha attained his enlightenment
- Behold the majestic Taj Mahal, enter famous Muslim mosques, and discuss the current state of affairs between Christianity and Islam
If you are a young person or college student and are interested, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hopefully I’ll be back to blogging Pope Benedict and Jesus soon!